This week was packed full dissection. First we dissected some flowers and it was really cool because i got to see all the reproductive parts of the flower (male and female). with the snap dragon flower I could see the ovary really well (the female part the stores the eggs). the whole female part of the flower is called the pistol and the whole male part of the flower is called the stamen. The longs tube in the middle of the flower is called the style and the style is a female part. On top of the style its sticky so when the bee comes along and drop some pollen(sperm) on its it will travel down into the ovary and fertilize the eggs. We also cut open some fruit and veggies and we wrote down what we saw I found this very interesting because i could see the seeds very well and its cool just to think the like a banana the peel is just to protect the seed so they can grow. Well that my blog for this week. Have a great day. 🙂

1. Why is the style called the style?

2. who figured out that the pollen was sperm?

3.How does the fruit and veggie know how to build that protective peel over the seeds?